Gas Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
Don't care much about gas mileage (although I probably should) but I decided to fill up and find out how much miles I can get out of my tank.

The mods I'm running so far include a k&n intake, modified throttle body, thrush high flow muffler, and currently I'm running a tweaked premium performance tune from torrie via xcal 3. My rims are much heavier than stock they're wrapped with 275/45R20 sumitomo rubber.

I was up to 210 miles at a half tank. Is this good? What are you guys running?

Yeah BUT don't get excited about the 1/2 tank mark. From there, it goes down real quick!!!

I usually get ~420mi from a full tank with a 20-21 gal fillup.

Yea, the second half always goes down a lot quicker... I also get about ~200-~225 miles at about the half...but can only get out about ~385... And that is stock, well performance wise. So i get about 17-18:(

To this day, I am still confused as to why I only get 200-250 out of a full tank of gas? If you guys are getting 420 out of a tank, my ST must be very sick?

Brett

Hmm...I get about 210-285 out of a tank depending on how I drive and how often I have to start my vehicle to let it warm up.

On trips I get 388-400 a tank. Not bad for a v8 w/ awd.

Right now I've been driving it about a mile or two miles a day avg. I let it warm up for 10min before I drive it anywhere. I probably start it about 3 times a day avg. It's getting about 8-10mpg avg right now.

With a 65 mile each way (130 total) commute each day, I get anywhere from 385-415 miles per tank. It's been very consistent over the 172,000 miles I've owned the Trac. I usually fill up with about 20 gallons, although I have gone as high as 22.4 gallons!

I have the '08 STA with a V8, K&N intake and a Torrie performance tune for the 87. I am in Langhorne PA which is very hilly around town so if I only do loacal trips I get about 13 mpg. If I travel to say Florida I can average 19-20. I want to upgrade the exhaust but I like how quiet the Gen 2 tracs are. I must be getting old . . . LOL

Judging from the responses, I guess my mileage ain't bad at all. I live in the city which is where I do most of my driving...occasionally I'll jump on the freeway for work if I get a change of station.

I only have a little over 27,000 miles on the odometer, half the time I'll drive like a granny and half the time like a wild teen.

I''ve got the 4.6 4x4 (only run in 4x2) and I'm averaging 13.5 to 14.5 on my tanks - and I run it dry each time. I'm 12 miles to work with 21 red lights in that 12 miles - and I catch each one. The city kills it, but highway I have averaged 22.3 on the few trips I've taken in it. There are a combination of things that kill mine around town (the weight of the Gen2's, 4x4, gears). I would love to change the 3.55's for 3.73's sometime this spring or summer, but don't know exactly when it will come.

315 miles every fill up 24 miles to work 3 stop signs 300 if im running in 4 wheel drive. all stock! any mods to improve this i will consider.;)

If I remember other posts right, if you don't adjust

your speedo to the tire size it will give you an

untrue reading for mph and miles driven.

new Chad