Gas Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
I recently put 89 octane gas in my '07 V8. I have ALWAYS put 87 octane since new and usually get 15 - 17mpg.

Not sure if it's a fluke but the last two tanks have yielded me 20 mpg around town.

Just wondering is anyone has experienced this?

It happens,,,,, Some of our company cars here now are getting 89 because of this.... The extra MPG is worth the difference in price..

I know Rachel's blazer was that way, We ran 89 in it..

Todd Z

While I have not tried 89 in my 07 V8, I have noticed that gas mileage and overall power seems to be getting a tad bit better as I finally start to put miles on my ST (it's not my daily driver). I've had my 07 for 2yrs 7months and only have 28K but it seems to run better as the miles tick. I'll try 89 on my next fill up and see what happens....

I have just over 31K and other then the Tranny bumping issue, I LOVE THE TRUCK!!!! The V8 with the Throttle Body ROCKS!

As you know, I'm looking closely at the exhaust now - tires next - when these wear down in another 10 k or so.

Yeah, i've got another 10K or so before my Michelin's are up for renewal so i'm starting to look at tires as well. Have not convinced myself to do the cat back but I might add the stand alone Magna-Flow muffler to the existing exhaust since most of the effect is only sound.

I love the Modded Throttle Body, to me it's the best bang for the buck when it comes to general performance mods....

I would think the octane would only matter if you were pulling the engine pretty hard (towing or accelerating rapidly). But, it it's working, can't argue with actual performance. I have run some higher octane in my '08 and did not notice a difference. That was only a tank here and a tank there, no real consistent trial that would give reliable results.

prm,

I agree. I've only run two tanks with these results and haven't changed my driving habits at all. I drive like an old lady most of the time anyway and tow once in a while as well. Haven't towed with the higher octane and won't till camping season begins again in the fall. I live in South Florida so we camp from October to early April - NEVER in the summers - too many bugs, too damn HOT and too much rain everyday.

It was just nice to see better mpgs.