gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of mileage are yougetting? I get about 15 in town, don't know about freeway cause I'm never on it long enough or if I am I am towing.

I am getting 18.4 mpg with an average speed of 27 mph. This is hand calculated over many tanks of gas.

I have an XCal2 with Torries 89 octane economy tune and Todd's throttle body.

Terry

As posted on other threads......Change driving habits....be lighter on take-offs and coast to the stop or traffic signal with less breaking.

Do you have a bed cover? If not, the tailgate can cause alot of "drag"

Make sure you keep your tires inflated properly.....a few lbs over the reccomended, so that with loss of air pressure, you don't fall below the normal level. Drive with windows up, when they are down, you get drag from them being open as well.

Plan your driving so that you make only right turns when possible....left turns, you'll find you spend more time idling while waiting to make a left turn at most intersections. I believe UPS also tries to follow this rule to save on fuel as well.

I get about 15-16 mpg's in city driving with my '07 V8....avg 40 mph....on the freeway, I get about 21-22 while driving around 60-70.