Gasoline splashing back

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre L

Reaction score
Does anyone elses Trac suddenly have a slight gasoline overflow when the pump hits auto-shutoff? I'm not topping off, but the last 2 or 3 fillups, the pump clicks off, then some gas comes out of the filler pipe and runs down the cladding like my Trac just wet itself.

I guess it could be coincidental, but at 3 different stations :blink:

Look in the drivers side wheel well and look at the hoses that are there.... There is an issue with the elbow coming off and causing issues....

Can start there..

Todd Z

todd, i had that same problem a few weeks ago...i thought the pump just came out of the tank a little...didnt think anything of it...what kinda "issues" can it cause if the elbow is off?

thanks

andy

Mine only does it occasionally. I finally figured out what causes it: It only happens when I am dressed up and in a hurry to get somewhere like going to a meeting or a dinner, etc.

Andy, You can get a slow fill situation, early shut off of the nozzle, and contamination in the EVAP system...

Todd Z

There is a recall on the tube that Todd is talking about. If it becomes disconnected dirt may enter the tube (Emissions tube) and create a hard to fill situation. Normally when this happens it affects on how fast you can put gas into the tank.

But it is covered for life as it is a Recall.