• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

gen 2 6R80 transmission filter OEM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 3

Reaction score
I have a new in box unopened Motorcraft FT-171 transmission filter for sale. I bought it last year to do a pan drop and fluid change, but my original trans went out before I got the chance! the replacement transmission came with a new filter obviously so I have this new one just sitting in a box.

$20 shipped, its' going for $29 on amazon right now...

3f33ea2190a2401548729d959bba4751.jpg

HAHA you and me both.....

I know Todd! i saw your video you made.. my failure was nothing like that. I think the torque converter failed and sent metal shavings all thru the trans. issue started when the converter wouldn't 'unlock' when coming to a stop. it would even kill the engine like you didn't push in the clutch with a manual trans. cost me a boatload and very frustrating failure right at 100k miles. I decided to put in the motorcraft reman trans and hope to get another 100k out of this truck, fingers crossed!

Mine crapped the converter too. Sent metal throughout.