Gen 2 Truxxx or Spacer lift - Upper control arm problems - Working on fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my sons 2010 XLT 2wd with 60,000 miles, he had done the following:

1. New front quik struts Monroe
2. 3" front and 2" rear leveling kit
3. New BTW UCA
4. 18" wheels x 33" tires.

In all it looks awesome. The BTF/UCA after an alignment did create camber. Looking for options at this point. Slight outer feathering of tires but making sure rotations for done with every oil change. RT Behm

Keep us posted.

On my sons 2010 XLT 2wd with 60,000 miles, he had done the following:

1. New front quik struts Monroe
2. 3" front and 2" rear leveling kit
3. New BTW UCA
4. 18" wheels x 33" tires.

In all it looks awesome. The BTF/UCA after an alignment did create camber. Looking for options at this point. Slight outer feathering of tires but making sure rotations for done with every oil change. RT Behm

Your issue is the STUPID Monroe struts... They actually LIFT the truck 1 more inch over factory !! CRAP design.... the ratio on the suspension is not 1:1 so the front is now higher then 3" Looks cool, Functions like crap !!!

Per the struts, what would you suggest to correct the camber if all else stays the same? Your input is much appreciated.. Thanks RT Behm

Sadly, Put in the factory struts or find a way to shorten the monroe. There is a large rubber chunk at the bottom of the Monroe that's not on the factory. Could "Possibly" be removed to lower.... Not 100%. I had to actually have a custom spacer made to lower the truck to the right height after installing the Monroe's. You could do the math and just have a welder cut the spacer and shorten it... Just a thought.. Or just install a 2" or 2.5 max spacer... depending the height.

First pic is the initial install and alignment of BTF and Truxxx. Second pic is with new wheels and tires + alignment, upgrade to 32”. Stock suspension. To me it looks like there is less of a camber issue with the bigger tires, I told the 2nd shop about the issue beforehand and I think they tried a little harder with the camber. Confident this is the most they could adjust it.

I really don’t think it is going to be an issue, and I’m just going to stay on top of rotations. Unfortunately for you, you might have to baby it till your UCA get in, it took about 2 months to get mine after placing the order! I’ve chatted with a couple owners on FB that refuse to pay for UCA, and replace the stock UCA every 10k miles lol so you should be able to make it. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 60F5485B-83E3-4950-A7AB-7C4F8E478DD7.jpeg
    60F5485B-83E3-4950-A7AB-7C4F8E478DD7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2BC3E2EC-C6FE-41C7-83C3-EBD6DFA7050A.jpeg
    2BC3E2EC-C6FE-41C7-83C3-EBD6DFA7050A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
BTF installed..

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0