Gen2 Gas pedal noise?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Price 2

Reaction score
I have been driving my Father's 2007 ST V6 all week. I noticed while coasting along when I lightly start to accelerate I hear a 1/2-1 second, faint, noise. It's sounds to me like a elec motor sound or possibly a vacuum coming from around the passengers foot well. It happens very quickly, with normal accel. But, when I barely touch the pedal I can make it last for 1 second.

Is this because it's an electric throttle? Normal?

I don't think it's noticeable to the average driver. My Father said he never noticed or can really hear it. I'm just very observant of every sound when I'm driving. That's why I love that the rear window can go down on mine. I found my rear diff going out that way.

Thanks

I had a hissing or air flow sound coming from the passenger side foot area. Turned-out to be a grommet on something (I can[t now remember) that had popped into the cab allowing in engine noise; easy fix.

FIXED! It was the in-line Vacuum Check Valve. Disconnected It. Blew in and out on the valve a few times. Put it back in. No more hissing on accel and shut down:supercool: seemed like it got stuck. Hopefully will last. If not, part is very cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts