Gen2 STA Six Piston Brake Upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully pulled this off? I just picked up a Donor Spindle with hub from the salvage yard and we will start this project this month at the engineering shop to fabricate brackets and manage the offset - SuperCharged SVT is slated to receive some TLC - 15" Rotors up front with Ford GT500 6 Piston Brembo's plus 14" Rotors in the rear with Ford Brembo 4 Pistons and stand alone eBrake - This project is way overdue - Got donor parts from a conversion shop down south.

There was a guy on here that did a 4 piston upgrade, I think i offered him crazy money for the brackets and I never heard back - I will post as we go and let you know IF its even possible.

i looked into it, even considered buying the front knuckle/hub assembly like you did, good idea.

the adrenalin wheels have pretty low clearance between the hub face and the spokes, you will probably have to use a 2 piece rotor with a high hat offset to get enough caliper clearance.

the rears will be much harder because the caliper mounts inside the cast rear knuckle. you can't just make a bracket and put on a larger rotor. you will need to do a lot more fab work and cutting in the rear. I'm sure just an upgraded front set would make a huge difference alone.

if you end up making some adapter brackets for the front to use calipers like wilwoods, etc, i would buy a set from you, im sure you'd sell quite a few sets, good luck!

we just looked at everything at the shop and it will be an offset of .20 and then the bracket needs to come up 1.2 - this is going to be easier than one thought - the GT500 15" rotor is a Perfect for the STA hub - same bolt pattern as expected and snugs perfect

the spacing on the spindle is off .30 but no biggie since we have to come up - After the mock up we will try the wheel but from the looks of it, the 15"s push the caliper up on the radius and the wheels themselves move out - rough measure shows a perfect fit - hopefully in a week or two

Last edited by a moderator:
rotor fits perfect - just so you know the size - I wear a size 9 shoe -

the bracket looks easy it will be a double offset item to keep everything centered -

517add24ed0a0e4e31fa6af61a99f770.jpg

39d179377414157990368d6e3153a1d8.jpg

***Mock Up on 2010 STA spindle with a 5/16th spacer - it fits perfect inside the rotor - Bracket is next and then the wheel mock up followed by the Brake Lines

4afe5df04283330c1e9762d8342d72b4.jpg

a05df116937f04bc0a8ee110f053f887.jpg

48896281d97b818479cffb514bc03b71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are beasts..... That thing is goanna stop like no tomorrow...

Todd Z

These came from Richard Petty Racing - they were pulled off a 2016 5.0 Mustang with the Track Package with 30 miles - I also picked up the 13.8" rears that seem to match up with the Motorsport Conversion Kit and fit - They are single pistons but much bigger and the factory rotors look so small. When the fronts get done and we get them in, I will see what is needed on the rears - I have a Bias Valve just in case they are way out of balance - no sense looking my fillings when I squeeze on them

Latest posts