general maintenance/warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64117

Reaction score
Do i have to go to my dealer since i purchased an extended warranty with this dealer? My concern is that they are not a Ford dealer. They are chevy/dodge. My cousin is the GM for Sales so I got a great deal on my ST, but the service there is average. They have attempted to take my wife to the cleaners twice before I stepped in. They over quoted her 2 times over $150 dollars until I called to question the repairs.

What should I do? I have a great local mechanic that I truly trust 2 min from my house. Can I use him and still be under warranty?

thanks in advance

DanG

If your extended warranty is an aftermarket and not a ford ESP, most likley you will have to use them. The only exception most likley would be if you breakdown out of town. Then the repair shop would have to get prior aproval..

Usually extended warranties cover repairs that are done at any Authorized Repair Facility. They are usually not restricted to the dealer or location where you purchasd the warranty from. Your warranty contract should outline the details in regards to who can perform service to your vehicle. Worst case scenario, call the warranty company to get a list of Authorized Repair Facilities in your area and you can check them out so you will know in advance who yo want to use if needed.

Latest posts