General question about reliability

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a 2005 sport track 4.0 v6 this week from a local new car dealer. It has 205,500 miles. Auto trans it passed the 15 point check with the exception of a wheel bearing which they replaced. Has aftermarket gear wheels with about half tread left on nitro grapplers. Cold air engine is quiet and trans shifts beautifully. Is there any reason we shouldn’t drive it on vacation this week from northwest Florida to Virginia. It is so much more comfortable to ride in in both cars.
what kind of mileage should I expect at 70 on interstate driving
Thanks for replies

Any used vehicle is a big unknown, regardless of what the seller may have told you about it. At over 200k miles, and owning it less than a week, I personally would not do it. Especially if this is a vacation with kids/pets/SO's. If just me and a road trip with nowhere important to be... maybe.

Being the gears were changed and maybe tire size, if the computer was not flashed and corrected for the speed its going to be in accurate as all heck....
Need a navigation app like waze to check the speedometer first.

I'd change all fluids & filters then take a 2 hour test drive at both highway & traffic speeds, before having any confidence.

Latest posts