Getting a Dodge Caliber

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
Well, after three Sport Trac's, a Ranger, and right now an Explorer, I am going to be getting a Dodge.

Not so much based on my first choice, mind you, but because its currently my best option.

See, my long running Ford company vehicle streak is at an end. My parents want to get rid of their lease vehicle and are taking over my Explorer. My dad is offering to help me get into an actual financed vehicle for myself, something I would actually own so I could make changes to it, etc.

Well he works for Chrysler (but is still a Ford guy, just recently bought a crew cab F-250 and has been doing a lot of work on it making it better), and they are releasing the Caliber in the next week or two.

I would RATHER have a Fusion, or a Milan, but Price vs. Options, the Caliber wins by a few grand.

And since I am still a full time college student, and a lot of the cost of this vehicle is coming out of my pocket, I needed something that was still supporting my family, cheap, and good in all weather, so my Caliber build is:

2007 CALIBER R/T AWD X Pkg. $19,425.00

Primary: Bright Silver Metallic C/Coat

Interior: Pastel Slate Gray

2.4-Liter 4-cylinder DOHC 16-Valve Dual VVT Engine

Continuously Variable Transmission II

Cloth Seats with Color-Keyed Insert

P215/55R18 BSW All Season Performance Tires

18" x 7.0" Aluminum Wheels

4 Speakers

AM/FM/CD, Chgr Ctrl, Aux Input Jack

SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio

Air Conditioning with Chill Zone(TM) Storage

Driver Convenience Group

Fog Lamps

Soft Tonneau Cover

Inferno Red Seat Insert

Front and Rear Floor Mats

Power Express Open/Close Sunroof

Sport Appearance Interior Group

The AWD will make it perfect for all weather driving, which is good for me here in MI, and it has fun options and has a ton of space for whatever cool stuff I want to add later. Being able to get Sirius installed from the factory was a big thing for me as well, something Ford is not able to do for me. Dodge is also releasing an Ipod connection kit for the car come spring, and since the car comes with a special holder in the arm rest just right for an Ipod, I will be all set.

Car really does have some cool features, such as the 120V AC plug, the cooler system that keeps four 20 oz drinks cold, and other stuff.

I love Ford to death, and my past vehicle have been flawless, and I dont want to hear about any Dodge horror stories because I feel scared as it is, but my dad already promised me he would help me get the extended warranty for it as well, so I am GOING to be covered here as I venture away from the Ford family.

If Ford offered AWD and some other options on the Fusion, and could price it does a grand or two, I would get one instead, but with the Caliber and his Employee Discount, its impossible to beat.

Still getting 25 MPG City, 32+ Highway.

I never heard of this vehicle before today, but it looks like a pretty cute station wagon. Not bad gas mileage either. Congratulations on your new car. :)

[Broken External Image]:

I guess thats ok.... hahah

my only knock against it (other than the fact its a dodge) is personally I would never buy the first year of any vehicle (including the new ST) I would just wait until year 2 to see if there are any bugs to work out.... but good for you.

Dallas

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have been coming out with some very attractive (aesthetically anyway)vehicles lately, Caliber included IMO.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have been coming out with some very attractive (aesthetically anyway)vehicles lately, Caliber included IMO.

I agree. I think DCX has the best lineup overall out of the auto manufacturers right now.

I would agree the DCX has the best of the Big Three; but for all the marbles, I'm going with Audi. I loves me the Four Rings.

The Caliber has a lot of nice features, espically for us Gen Y/X-ers, I'm just not completly sold on the style. I'll have to wait to see one in person, but as long as it makes everyone happy, that's all that matters. I do love that color though....

I think the styling on the SRT-4 version is really cool, but the final Caliber looks a bit more toned down then I would expect from Dodge. Still nice though, as long as it does not end up being too much like a PT Cruiser I am fine.

Man those are ugly.

Here's your 'funny' for the day...

I'm a controller for a Dodge dealership in PHX and all the salespeople here have re-named the Caliber to the MANGO. Cross between the Durango and the Magnum...

I'm a little nervous though about the 4 cyl engine pulling around that size vehicle...my wife wants one, but I'll have to drive one once they hit our lot. Of course the SRT version will be fine, but they are only offering the 6 speed manual and no auto...not that I would mind, but the wife would...

mango :lol::lol::lol: cute, and fits ha ha

At least Dodge/Crysler give folks what the want.

I like Dodge in 4 trucks DP has owned, not one gave him a bit of trouble.

and he's got a RAM truck that earns respect. ;)

Latest posts