Gibson Exhaust - Help me choose

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory Richards

Reaction score
I should have a little extra money coming to me later this month and I want to buy an exhaust. Which Gibson do you think would be the best bet? I want something that has a good rumble, but nothing too crazy loud. I'm also undecided on whether to get single or dual. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Gibson is my top choice right now but I'm also looking at Borla and Magnaflow but they seem to be really expensive. Suggestions?

GIBSON SUPERTRUCK!!!! if it was a v8 lol, i dont know how it would sound on a v6, but the other gibson single out sounds great on the 4.0, my friend has it in his ranger.

thanks

andy

I have the single outlet Gibson Cat-Back on my ST. Definately louder then stock, you can actually hear it when idling. Just make sure when you have it installed it clears the rear bumper by a few inches otherwise you can melt the plastic.

The Gibson you are looking at is probably cheaper bc it is not the SS unit. Iam running the magnaflow all SS tubing and mufler. It has a nice Idle and roars at wot. No droning in the cab at cruise. If you plan on keeping you trac for more than 3yrs, I would invest in a SS unit.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Regal One,

I will have to find my papers, to check part #. I got the unit from EE. Seems like I remember a little over $400, delivered.

Gibson will tell you that their single system will actually give you a better hp and torque improvement than the dual outlet. Doesn't look as cool though. :cool: