gibson exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea... im curious to kno... i was thinking bout getting a gibson but went with cherry bomb instead.....

would love to hear the gibson!

Running one on my '07 w/4.OL V6. I like the sound of it, nice little rumble when you get on it. Fit was excellent although it is tight over the rear suspension.

581457a25cd084c36b4c1ece554939b3.jpg

c8ee4bf1590d74b08bfce4abc57440eb.jpg

13f08cdc20cd9c5666c191a1a33505e1.jpg

I have a Gibson on my '08 V6. A bit noisy for my taste inside the truck when it's under load (like going up a hill or with a bunch of people inside) but it sounds good and I picked up 3 mpg on the highway. Like Joe said, it's a slam-dunk to install but I did have to tinker with the tailpipe for a few days since the clearance around the rear suspension is tight with the bigger pipe. Only things I had to add were shorter bolts and springs where the mid-pipe bolts to the cat flange since the OE bolts bottomed out before it was tight.

It appears the gibson puts the muffler under the cab. If you can move a performance muffler to the rear of the cab. You get less drone inside. My magna-flo is just before the axle. that keeps most of the the drone, out of the cab.

I think I only paid $300 for my custom duals back in 2003..... Now my guy is about $400..

you should be able to get a shop to install a custom system or just swap out the muffler for a lot less...

Also as ed said, make sure you move the muffler as close to the REAR axle as you can, this reduces interior noise dramatically..

Todd Z