Gibson vs. custom duals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Thinking about getting either a Gibson single exhaust or a single-in dual-out Flowmaster with custom-bent pipes. The Gibson system is about $305 from Summit and I can install that myself.

Those of you with custom duals, what did you pay?

The Magnaflow duals I found are about $500 and I don't want to spend that much.

Thanks.

My guy gets $450 for all pipes, muffler, tails and tips....

Honestly I don't like the sound of the magnaflow , so hopefully the Gibson sounds better...

But you can should be able to get a nice aluminized single in single out for cheaper than the $300.00 installed..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Summit lists only the Gibson #319997 for 01-03 Sport Tracs. If I go to Gibson's site, they list #319894 for 05-05 Tracs :blink: (not my typo).

Called Summit to see if they had the other system, dude put me on hold before I could even give him the part number (hey, I'm trying to help YOU out), I gave up after a minute or two since I can't tie up the phone at work too long.

I got my single in single out D.N.A. stainless steel muffler for around 140 and installed for 40 bucks._Ron

So much for the exhaust. My Neon work beater died yesterday, quite literally. Barely running, was looking at some more expensive repairs, called my bud at the Ford dealer to see what he had. Traded the Neon plus $1700 for a 2004 Focus wagon with 32k on it. Film at 11:00.

Crud--When I saw the subject line, I thought that maybe someone had photoshopped a picture, or maybe even a video, of Mel Gibson being forced to dance to Hava Nagila by a rabbi with a double-barrelled shotgun... :D