Good deal?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
Local shop is running this "special." What's your vote, is it special or not?[Broken External Image]:

To me yes. I am not a DIY maintenance type person. For me to pay someone else to do it so i dont have to is worth it. Many people DIY and will tell you it isnt a deal but what type of person are you, DIY or not?

Yes, but before going in, mark each of your tires on the inside with a chaulk number (1-4) so you can be sure they rotated them, and then go in with a plastic lined cardboard box asking for all your "old parts" returned (filters, etc).

And, only get the deal if you REALLY need all this maint. Lastly, ask up front how much they charge for belts and hoses if you think you might need them. It's not a great deal but an okay deal...I would like to understanding what the Cooling System and Transmission service entails too. Remember, places often run sales like this in hopes to sell you other things (belts, hoses, additional services).

TJR

What does "service" mean? Sounds very ambiguous and opportunistic for them to come back and upsell you on parts, added labor, etc.

"Inspection" means "look at it to see if we can sell you something".

What does "wheel alignmment" mean? Do they put it on a machine and verify that all four wheels are aligned to factory specifications, or do they just look to see if most of the wheels are pointing the same general direction?

I would be very wary.

Good deal as long as they don't do the add ins as stated above. See If transmission service entails more than checking the fluid. If it is a fluid/filter change which usually runs a little over a hundred bucks I think at the dealer when I got one....