Goodbye Old Friend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Starr

Reaction score
Said goodbye to my 2002 Sport Trac last week. :cry:

I had 156k trouble free miles on it and traded for a 2012 F150 Super Crew. Thought I wanted a larger truck but I REALLY miss the ST. The F150 seems too big and I'm just not bonding with the F150 like I did with the ST. I really want a "do over" on this one.

Gwad I hate that Ford dropped the ST. :banghead:

I've been sending corporate nasty letters threatening to buy a Chevy Colorado V8. Must have sent at least 10 by now. I did notice on the "Ford Social" webpage the scathing post I wrote was deleted. How dare they do this to a loyal customer. Bob :fire::fire:

It is harder, except that it's paid for to justify the14-17 mpg that I get with my when I can get 16-22 with a full size F-150. Why sell the Sport Trac and Ranger when you get more room, power, towing and payload with better mileage.

I did drive a crew cab Ranger with a 4 cyl turbo diesel in the Middle East while I was deployed. I was much smaller inside than the Sport Trac, The back seat was not designed for larger Americans. I would love to see a Ranger or Sport Trac with the engine choices of the new Explorer (2.5L turbo 4, 3.5L V6 with 290 HP) or a turbo diesel.

I agree Greg. When I asked the salesman about them discontuning the ST, the only reason he could site is the gas mileage. I'm getting 17.8 mpg in the first 300 miles on the F150. I just don't understand why Ford won't return the ST with an Explorer engine.

My B-inlaw bought a '12super crew f-150. I drove it. It islike trying to park a f-250. Now I understand why they take 1 1/2 parking slots.

I didnt like it. Most likley if still available. It will be a tacoma SC sport for me.

Ford screwed up..........:banghead:

Latest posts