got an estimate ....BUT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i went to a body shop to see how much it would be for them to paint my cladding and bumpers. He said he wasn't promising it would stay. He said that since it was plastic he didn't think the paint would stay. I didn't won't to do it case if he screwed up he would have to buy replacement parts. Bt anyway i didn't even expect that response cause i told him that people have done it with plastic promoter and spray paint. But anyway he told me $400. I still think thats kinda high but lower than the other place that tole me $600!

I was told $900 a piece, in other words about $3600 total to paint all of it with no warranty. That was at every shop in town too.

$400 is a decent rate, one of the lowest I've seen. My front and rears only were done for $250. Normally they'll be anywhere from $600 to $2000

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone think that it would come off if he put plastic promoter primer sanded it and all that good stuff. I wanna make sure before i do it

Many members here have done it themselves and it has held up well. With the exception of rock and debris chips, if he's a pro he should have no problem doing it right. As a main example, talk to ToddZ, he's did his own and it has held up for a couple of years (I believe), and he has never complained of having a problem. That is also the best price I have ever seen posted here for the job.

Wow...

Im going to do it myself. I have all the equipment, but I could buy all the equipment, paint, and do it cheaper than $1000CAD

If anyone lives close and wants thier done, and has a vehicle with the TS color code, Ill do it for $800CAD ;)