Got hit by a drunk driver

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Johnson

Reaction score
Exactly one year and one day from the date that my wife got hit by a kid hopped up on drugs I got broadsided by a drunk driver. It was at 5:45 A.M. in the morning. He was an illegal allien and of course no insurance! After the wreck he left the scene of the accident. A witness to the accident followed him to his house and it took the police awhile to get this man out of his house. Because he made it to his house the police were not able to charge him with DUI. The logic is that they cannot prove that he did not down a six pack while in the house. He was ultimately arrested. So now I half to claim on my insurance and watch my premiums go up. I was driving my reliable 89 Ranger. I'm sure is totalled. Before the wreck my Sport Trac was basically my "Hanger Queen" and only driven on weekends. Now it is my daily driver.

Jerry

Sorry to hear. About two weeks ago my daughter's car was totaled by a drunk driver while parked next to my driveway. But at least our government is fixing the problem of illegal immigrants...oh wait, maybe not.

My biggest pet peeve out there. Drunk Drivers.

Rarely do they seriously hurt themselves, and yet, the people they hit almost always get hurt.

Don't misunderstand, I wish no ill pain onto them, I just can't stand it that they are out there driving around and you are the one punished.

I have all but zero sympathy or mercy for them...

He was an illegal allien and of course no insurance!

Look at the bright side. Illegal aliens are good for the economy. They keep our prices down and they are good, law abiding poeple.

I am glad you are OK. Material things can be replaced, lives can not.

Tom

Real sorry to hear that. An illegal totalled my parents car last year. The nice illegal got by scot free, of course, but hey, at least they're doing a dog gone good job at all the jobs that us lazy Americans won't do. :angry: :wacko: :angry:

This happens all the time here in Texas, yet last week all the retards voted our illegal immigrant loving incumbent governor back into office. No wonder my insurance rates are so high.

What are the damages to your Ranger? It maybe totaled insurance to value but repair could still be physically worth while. Even a slightly bent frame is nothing for a frame shop to straighten right up. Engine and transmission still 100%? When the insurance company settles buy the truck back from them for salvage value. They will deduct the amount from your payment. I would think 1989 Ranger body parts should be very inexpensive. I did this once with a 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible and after my repairs (didn't even cost what the insurance gave me) my car drove better than ever. Before the wreck I had front end shimmy and a few other body issues associated with weak framed convertibles. After the wreck and a frame straightening/tightening the car handled 75% better.

Me,

I have thought about rebuilding the truck. The frame appears to be straight and yesterday I drove it around the block and the engine and transmission all appear good. My biggest problem, outside the fact that I have no glass is the drivers side door panel extends into the area that your leg would normally be for the clutch. I also rebuilt a wrecked car about 20 years ago, when I was single. It was actually alot of fun. My wife was not very excited about the idea of me rebuilding the truck.

Two years ago my wife and I were in a hit and run, the guy was speeding on the highway, we stopped for a traffic jam and he didn't. Somehow he managed to drive away even though the cr-v we were driving was totalled. Got to spend the night in the ER for that one, stupid drivers.

Latest posts