Got the exhaust done and ready for my trip to Austin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron N

Reaction score
Well I got my exhaust done and it sounds great. I installed the D.N.A. muffler Friday at a local exhaust company.Cost me 40 dollars. Then installed the y pipe Sunday. I found a nice little dent in the drivers side pipe before the precat. The exhaust sounds great. Still sounds like a v6 but a nice low rumble. I left the resonator on, I think that helped to give it the lower rumble. Todd you were right it is a little loud so the resonator will stay on. Thanks for the help to all at Zabteck. My trip to Austin is a little over 500 miles one way, so I will get a good test on the gas milage and power. Hopefully I will get a sound clip when I get back. _Ron

cool. I did mine with flowmaster 40 series. It idles nice when i rev it low. but when I am driving at 2500 rpms it has a deep hum like an import car. Just sounds too smooth. need a little more rumble. When i floor it driving fast it gets back quite and this is with the resonator removed and the pre-cats still on. at 2000rpm it is a little louder than stock at that rpm. Still wish it sounded like american muscle than a import. I had too many of them and it reminds me of it when I drive.

Random Tech y-pipe. Removed the last cat, no muffler, duals out the side. It does resonate a lot, but I drive everywhere with the windows down and the music up anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

sound quality on my camera stinks, but here is mine..

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/10452/Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust/Highflowcat%20015.wmv

Todd Z