Got the TSB 07 6 speed Tranny (Update)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Update to the recent post:

"Got my 1st oil change and the 07-23-2 TSB today. So far, so good - course it's only been 5 miles.

I'll let you know how it works out."

The Bump is BACK!!!

DAMN!!

I'm wondering if the instructions were followed by the dealer? Ya know (Step #5) - the one that says AFTER the update to drive it in a specific way and repeat 5 times? If they don't do that, will it all revert back? And if they DIDN'T do it, can I do it now?

DAMN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the updates just don't work,

Might be time to replace the valve body in the transmission.

Several members had that done and the problems went away...

Todd Z

Todd,

the update did change the way it shifts - it's got much more pep on takeoff. The bump is the only thing that's annoying.

Next time around, I'll take it back again with comments from this post.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Jimmy, I've put a few hundred miles on mine since the TSB update and mine is running great. There's definitely an improvement on the takeoff. I know the technicians did the adaptive shift strategy learn on mine because I saw them (2 techs) getting out of my Trac along with their laptop and OBD connection cables. I inquired about what the laptop was for and they breifly explained the Adaptive Shift Learning process to me which gave me additional confidence that they were thorough in doing the update.

My suggestion would be to take your Trac back as soon as possible and have them follow up on the bumping issue. If they try to say that's normal, tell them Lil Red said that's BS! :lol:

But seriously, good luck on getting your issue resolved. They will probably need to change out your mechatronic unit.

Jimmy at the dealer---> Listen here you %$#$()#*&N!! :angry: Lil Red told ME to Tell YOU that this is TOTAL BS! (Like Bulldog in the Fraiser Sitcom)...

I like the way this sounds. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I'll see if I can dig up the TSB for the Mechatronic unit......

Edit: TSB 07-13-8 specifies replacing the Mechatronic assembly and Filter Assembly if the latest PCM/TCM calibrations do no resolve the issues with the abrubt downshifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I love it where it says IN CAPS "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLACE THE MECHATRONIC UNIT. ... IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS ISSUE."

I had that same bump earlier this year, and as far as I know, they just replaced the mechatronic unit per their assessment. They'll probably come out with another TSB (hopefully sooner than later) regarding the mechatronic. They (Ford) trying to fix this on the cheap. I don't know how exactly, but somehow insist on these guys replacing the unit for zip $$.

Jimmy, TSB 07-13-8 has basicly been obsoleted. TSB 07-23-2 supersedes TSB 07-13-8 so the older TSB can no longer be used by the Ford Technicians. Basicly Ford is no longer suggesting the replacement of the Mechatronic Unit at this time.

Since you are continueing to get the Bump, my suggestion is to be a royal pain in thier azz and continue taking it back and complaining about the "Bump" you're feeling. As new/updated TSBs are released I will certainly keep everyone posted.

I got the TSB07-23-02 done the 27 of Nov. Nearly 500 miles later it seems to be great. It took a couple days for the tranny to adjust, but now it seems to work without my even noticing anything. This is a 2006 ExpolrerRWD V8

Just got TSB 07-23-2 done on my '07 ST and I drove it about 12 miles. It seems fine and the acceleration is at least as good as before and the bump hasn't come back yet. I've been nice to FORD so far but from here on out, I'm bringing it back every month if I need to until it's right. I hope this is the cure. I have a little over 10,000 miles on my ST. I told the service person that the tranny is the only real issue I have but that it scares me long term.

I'll keep you all posted!!

Gary G
:cool: