Got the TSB (07 6 speed Tranny)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Got my 1st oil change and the 07-23-2 TSB today. So far, so good - course it's only been 5 miles.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for the update JJ & LR - I'd like to know how the performance is after a couple of tankfuls. Keep us posted, please??

I also got the update 7-23-2 today :D I did get a little chuckle when the dealers service man gave me the keys when they were done. I had printed off the TSB & brought it with me & handed it to him before they started. He gave it back to me when they were done & asked where I got the print out from. I just told them it was off the internet. He said that it was only supposed to be available to the dealer & wasn't suppose to be available to the public. Some times I think these dealers think that we, the public are all morons & don't converse about all the pros & cons of products that we purchase. I hope this update takes care of the bump in the transmission. Still love the truck, but is a little harsh on the gas milage since it has gotten colder. Hope all is well with everyone.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the update today. I've had a few problems w/my trac since I purchased it in April of 06 including a new motor at 900miles. The tranny was the biggest headache w/the dealerships in this area. The printed TSB was the fix. It's hard for them to play dumb when you have aprinted version in your hand w/ford printed at the top. Thanks for your help on posting the TSB. So far so good, time will tell.

What does this service bulletin involve. How long does it take? I bought my '07 V8 in July, will mine require it? The truck does seem to have poor performance for V8. Will the TSB help?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had done the same thing with a TSB a few months back. They said there was nothing available until I showed them the TSB. When I was in the waiting room for my oil change the service manager came up and asked to see the service bulletin again, after that, things started to happen.

It's great when you've got all the information you need and don't have to take the BS they try to dish out at the dealerships. :lol: Knowledge is the key! I'm glad the information has helped you guys. I'll stay in touch with my buddy and keep everyone abreast of significant updates as they are released.

StadEMS3, I recommend taking your Trac in to get the latest PCM/TCM program update. The TSB everyone is referring to is posted in my library, print it out and take it to your dealer. Tell the service department that you are not satisfied with how the transmission shifts and ask them to apply the update which improves transmission drive ability.

Lil Red,

Thats exactly what I did - printed out your TSB. The service guy just looked at it, kind of confused - but said nothing. You could tell he was also wondering where I got it.

I didn't notice the "bumping" any more but it only happened once in a while before the TSB - I need to give it more time.

At this point, I notice better performance at the low end - starts off the line much, MUCH quicker. The shifting seems smoother, much more peppy. Because of this, I worry that my mileage will decrease in the long run. I've been REAL HAPPY with the gas mileage I've been getting with the V8 - and I can pretty much control what I get simply by watching my driving habits.

What a GREAT TRUCK!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanx for the info, I was wandering what that bump was... I printed out the TSB and will be heading to Ford, lets if I get the strange looks too as to how I got it.