Grease for Rear Sway.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
just ordered the ee sway and would like to lock down the grease first. Ive heard marine grade etc. looking for opinions on what will be the best and longest lasting. I live less than a mile from the coast so even though I garage my truck, a lot of salt air around. thanks guys.

The grease the EE bar comes with is suitable for normal on road use... IF you plan to go off roading, beach driving, or launch boats and get the back wet you should use marine grade grease, The only thing is you will have to take the brackets off to re-grease, UNLESS you follow my project on making the brackets Greaseable, or buy a set of Greaseable brackets..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to projects and checkout Todds Z's grease fitting project.

Todd, your too fast! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd, do you have any new ones yet? If so please let me know and Ill pay pay ya. the used ones will do if you think theyre as good, just got this thing in my head about used parts after Ive shot myself in the foot several times. If you think they're fine, email me and Ill paypal ya or send you some dough. just ordered the sway today so it would be cool to get them around the same time. thanks as always todd. just read your email on the b mod. kind of get it, noticed the photo does remind me of the old motors I used to see, just back then wasnt sure what everything was (not that Im now!:p)

Teddy, Email me...

Most of the used brackets are taken off 2005 Sport tracs with under 5K miles on them..

I Can do new, just will take a couple more days..

Todd Z

I ysed the grease that came with the bar. In one month it squeked. Luckly I had installed the grease zerts. Pumped in some lithium base that was in my gun. Been quit for six months so far..:D

Marine grade grease is a good idea under all circumstances since you will get water spray when driving in wet conditions. Nearly all greases have a soap additive which is what makes it grease [start with tar-thick petroleum waste product, add some soap, and you get grease]. Marine greases are not made that way and are almost completely unaffected by water.

Latest posts