great dealership story, thank you mysporttrac.com, and extended warranty ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Manhas

Reaction score
well just to give you guys a quick update, i had a bunch of stuff wrong with my truck:

-ticking noise while driving, noise while wheel is turning, whomp, whomp whomp

-truck shaking at 125km/hour

-steering wheel shuttering while standing still and turning the wheel

-truck is leaning to one side, not quite balanced

-driver's side door, weather stripping fell off

-tonneau cover lock closest to the window does not work

-radio bezel is peeling on all 3 places below the dials

-driver’s side window when you put it down, it makes a noise

every single thing was fixed, except the first one which was the result of cupping from the tire, some stuff was put on order and will be fixed this week.

the story and the thank you come in from bringing the TSB's to the dealership and they fixed all the stuff that had the TSB's.

Now when I call them, they joke around,"not another TSB?"....lol

i brought in 3 tsb's for that list of 8 things wrong - the driveshaft, bezel, and steering shudder

for the steering shudder, they increased the pressure and put a cooler coil or something like that, replaced the driveshaft, putting in a new driver's side window motor, putting in a new tonneau cover lock, new stripping on driver's side door, put some spacers in the springs and fixed the lean problem, and offered to replace the bezel once i remove my Pioneer aftermarket deck and my alarm LED. the cupping TSB i couldn't find at the time so I told him about it now and he said he will look into it.

I think i'm going to go ahead and get new aftermarket shocks put in before i get new tires in order to avoid the whole cupping issue.

my sport trac is an 03 and only has 50000 km's or 31000 miles. my 3 year warranty is up next month so i have to make a decision pretty quick. my question is should I get the extended warranty. my truck has been pretty solid other than the above things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulletin is Jan 01 for an '03 Trac.

Odd, you would think if they could see into the future and the problems with vehicles they would fix them ahead of time....

Component Description:

62. TIRES Bulletin Number: 051111

Bulletin Date: JAN 2001

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Summary:

IRREGULAR TIRE WEAR. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10016814 )

Latest posts