Greetings from Augusta, GA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thelgord

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Hello all,

I think I should start off by saying that do NOT yet own a SportTrac, yet. However, I think I found a unicorn that I am attempting to purchase. 2002, 4x4, XLT (no sunroof, dang), rear A/C, tow package, one owner, garage kept, immaculate condition, and only 80,500 miles on the ticker. Price is a bit high at $9500, but I am working on it, though I don't think he will move much. CarFax shows all services have been done on time and at ford dealerships. I am sooooo hoping this deal goes through.

If not, I have a line a 2006, but it has over 250,000 miles, so there's that as a backup. It's also less than half the price at $4k, but could be a maintenance nightmare. I won't be able to inspect that one until sometime next week at the earliest.

I am currently living just outside of Augusta, GA and I have wanted a SportTrac for a very long time. I finally decided to bite the bullet and just do it. The plan is for a basic camping/adventure rig, not building some crazy rock crawler. Those are cool, but not what I want. Besides, there are few rocks in Georgia. Mud we have in abundance. Rocks? Not so much.

I am also into nature/landscape photography, and I need something that can get me just a bit more remote than I am currently able to do. I look forward to when I can post whatever I end up getting, and learning from all of the knowledgeable people here. I have owned many 4x4's, but never a Ford. This should be fun. :)

- Chris Lyons

After a lot of back and forth, no deal was struck on the first choice, yet. I work nights and had to call the negotiations early. I will be back there in the morning with cash in hand to see if I get this one. I don’t think I will ever see another one with only 80k on the clock and this one is very clean.

Yay! I got it! One issue is the power rear window doesn't seem to getting any power. I used that to help shave some from the price, and on cheap gas the OBD2 app I was using was showing 18.5mpg on cheap gas on the drive home.

Welcome, Our Tracs are not known for gas milage. The best thing is how you drive. Keep the rpm's below 2000. is the best way. Also soft starts. It is hard to do with me..LOL..

I was actually impressed with the mpg’s! LOL. My other tiny Isuzu only gets 9-12 mpg on mid grade. Hahahaha ... yea ... I’m selling the Isuzu. ;)

Thanks! For most things I am not worried about speed, just good information, which this site seems to have :)