Gun owners / Enthusiasts EDIT: Purchase made... Pics !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been so busy I haven't been on this forum in months. I got my C&R FFL a few months back and practically filled a safe already.

You have a FFL Pat,Suppose thats a good thing, gave up mine 25 yrs ago when i learned having an FFL, i also forfited my rights to search and siezure, not only to the gun feds but to the IRS, they can look at your books without a warrant, thats part of having an FFL.

For those with registerd firearms, think about that attitude.

I have. I do. I will be buying more guns because of it. I do call it being proactive. When it comes to personal safety and that of my family, proactive is much better than reactive, espcially if the bad guy has been proactive as well.

When the 2nd Amd is highly modified, within the next 8 yrs

Takes 2/3's majority to modify the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights. Since the SCOTUS has already decided that firearms are a PERSONAL right, there is not much they can do. Also, since the most recent gun bill won handily (it was to allow conceiled carry and loaded weapons in the National Park system) by a vote of 357-70 in the House and 67-29 in the Senate. We can expect to see semi-similar results on any other gun legislation in the near future.

Pelosi has already said no new "Assault" weapons ban (if you can believe a word that come out of her mouth... I can't). Reid is actually "pro"-gun. Obama knows that it's a guarentee to be a 1-termer to push an AWB. So, what changes are we to expect?

you may get a call one day from the feds, Mr smith, we have on record that you have purchased a semi-auto AK 47, and two SKSs, you also according to our records,own 14 sporting arms.

This would because they disreguarded the law when it come to Form 4473's (which are to remain at the dealer's premesis and not be photocopied) or NCIS background checks (which all records are supposed to be destroyed 24 hours after the approval). So, there would of course be lawsuits.

We would like to come bye an will take the AK and the SKSs, you may keep the sporting arms.

It is illegal to retroactively declare something illegal. The 1996 AWB had a grandfather clause. The 1986 NFA had a granfather clause.

What I own, the feds cannot take without due cause, court order or must provide fair market value for. When it comes to my AK and my AR... all they could possibly take (after a protracted legal battle) would be the receiver. I have firearms that I purchased face-to-face and did not do a 4473 on so the feds don't know I have them (well, I'm sure that if they researched me other places, they would know what I do have).

Friend to friend, if you don't like firearms, please, do us all a favor, don't respond to posts on the subject, especially when you come from an uneducated standpoint on the finer points of firearms ownership.

Back to the SIG, a buddy of mine has a .40 version and LOVES it. I've put a few rounds out of it and I do have to say it's quite nice. Easy to point, accurate. Much better than the GLOCK 22 we were shooting that same day.

I own several SIG's for well over a decade, including the P226. I love them.

If you can get a deal on one, don't hesitate.

I picked it up !!! It is mine.....

Some pics..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Todd!! I say buy them while you still can. Check out www.cheaperthandirt.com for great buys on extra mags and ammo. I have been buying stuff from them for years never an issue and quick shipping.:banana:

House passed amendment to allow 2A rights in Nat'l Parks today. P to the REZ will probably sign it if he is for bi-partisanship...

Yep, I got the 03 FFL, not an 01 FFL. They can't walk in unannounced. We have to agree on a time and I can take my collection to the ATF local office to have the book compared to the collection. :D

I had my 03CnRFFL for 3 years. Loved it. Saved me enough to buy at least another rifle (I used it to pick up (8) No1Mk3's (I sold off 6 and gave another away), my M1 Garand, (2) M91/30's (gave one away as well), K31, M44, TT-33, CZ-82, M1895). Of the (8) that I still have, if you figure a transfer of between $25-40 each, that is atleast a $200 savings. Granted, I probably would not have bought all of them if I didn't have my FFL03... Scared me at the same time since I was missing a bit of information out of my bound book. When it expired, I didn't renew. I have my B.B. still, but the ATF cannot touch it....

Thanks guys...... hopefully this weekend ( B-day weekend) I can get to the range for some quiet time.. LOL

Todd Z

Nice piece Todd! My last purchase was a Ruger LCP. I have cash cached for either a WWII 1911 or Luger, when the time is right

Ammo, primers, powder,are in short supply, thats how the feds will covertly control firearms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have you been able to find ammo for the LCP? I have only come across two boxes in the last 3 months..

Fortunatly for me, I have been able to come across it recently. It is in very short supply. .380 ACP is produced on the same line as the 9mm is. There is a higher demand for 9mm than .380's.

Sales of ammo is up 40%. Factories are running as fast as they can. People are hoarding ammo.

That is the way it is.

Tom

Latest posts