Has anyone had to replace the exhaust?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I see that gibson exhaust is getting cheap, which makes me think soon they won't have any at all. So, has anyone actually had to replace their exhaust yet or have people only done it because they wanted to?

I changed mine cause I wanted to. I went with magna-flow cat back. If you are considering it. You might want to jump on it. Complete cat back systems might start getting phased out for the gen 1 tracs soon. Not like the trac is a mustang or other cars.

i had to replace mine about 4 months after i got it, i believe something broke off inside the muffler and when it got heated up it started making this horrible rattling noise. it was under warrantee so ford just replaced it. since then i replaced it again, with a FM just cause i wanted to

I've done mine twice. Once cause I wanted to. The second time cause I dragged through the exhaust and had to get it moved up higher.

I did mine because I wanted to. It doesn't make sense to me to have something called a SPORT Trac and NOT sound sporty! lol (If I could do the sound of Tim 'the tool man' Taylor, right there...):cool:

FM 40 series

What do you mean by getting cheap? I am about to buy one and would like to know if their is something to watch out for. So far it is the onl out of the box bolt on I have found for an '07 4.0L 4X4.

Joe said:
What do you mean by getting cheap? I am about to buy one and would like to know if their is something to watch out for. So far it is the only out of the box bolt on I have found for an '07 4.0L 4X4.

I put a Gibson on my '08 4.0. It is loud. Paid about $360 for the aluminized, then painted it with hi-temp silver paint to keep the rust off. No rust so far, the OE system was covered in rust after only three months. I found another chrome tip with a built-in resonator for about $24 at Auto Zone which quieted it down somewhat although I liked the looks of the Gibson tip better.

I want loud(er). I like to hear the exhast a little and miss the sound of my Hemi through the Bassani system or the SC4.6L through the MagnaFlows, hope this makes a little rumble. I never had a V6 rumble.

Latest posts