Head lights electrical issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Salas

Reaction score
My headlights stay on when I shut the car door and remove the ignition keys. Fyi the mirror was disconnected but the issues still persist. The headlights switch works fine! Lights turn on and off when I start the car....but when I'm dune and shut the car off, remove the keys, as soon as I shut the driver side door the headlights cut back on again.

My headlights stay on when I shut the car door and remove the ignition keys. Fyi the mirror was disconnected but the issues still persist. The headlights switch works fine! Lights turn on and off when I start the car....but when I'm dune and shut the car off, remove the keys, as soon as I shut the driver side door the headlights cut back on again.

I think there is a switch connected to the driver door latch. Try spraying some wd40 in there and work it a few times. It tends to stick with age.

Do a search. I never had the problem, but. I do remember in the past of this same problem being spoke of. With auto headlamps.
Maybe another member can chime in, with a better explanation.

Latest posts