Head Units

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Nash

Reaction score
i am looking to buy a head unit but i dont want it to skip. I tried one once but my subwoofer made it skip and when i hit bumps it skiped. I want something like the factory 6 disk head unit. it does not skip at all no matter what i do. Any one have suggestions as to whick one i should look into. I am looking for a single din or double din and dont want to spend more then 500 dollars on one. thanks for the reply.

My factory unit skipped rarely, but if I hit some really rough road, it could.

I installed a Kenwood Excelon, I noticed that none of the radios list skip protection. It hasn't skipped except for the worst of potholes. I hit one so hard once it knocked the face(back) plate off the stereo. I installed the lockdown screws after that.

FMarano is correct, most quality car stereos nowadays come with a 5 second buffer that will make any radio practically shock proof, but the installation must be snug and secure. One of the most common problems with headunits skipping is poor bracing. I haven't had a headunit skip on me in a very, very long time.

Good Luck!

thanks for the advice i will make sure it is snug in there what ever i get

any more suggestions keep them coming please

ted i am going to have to pass on your head unit offer thanks though.