Headed to the shop tomorrow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Risky Bizness"

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Time for front brakes, and turning the rotors. Going with MC/FORD pads, and looks like I have a small seep in the rear pinion seal. Since I went back to work for the dealership, I can at least watch the work get done.

Will also use my accumulated FORD PASS REWARDS points. THat will lighten the load on the bill some. 🤞

Doing it yourself lightens it a lot more, But that's still good. Keep them maintained.

I wish I could do my own. Was never shown how.

I wish I could do my own. Was never shown how.
YouTube, common sense, tools, and time. That's all it really takes.
I have a 1st gen but I found it is cheaper to replace the rotors. At least in my area, everywhere wanted at least $30ea to turn them. Got new ones for same price.

Unless the dealer he works at does it for free.... :) Heck id pay a mechanic on the side to do the work at his house. Most dealer mechanics have side gigs.

Turned out the last time I had my oil changed the oil change guy wrote down the WRONG #'s on brake pad thickness, so that did NOT have to be done.

BUT, the rear pinion seal DID need to be done.

The tech, (I've known, and had him do my repair work for years), DID find a small oil pan leak. I've got a while to go, before next oil change, so will have it done then.

Don't hold me to this, but seems to me that its around 12,000 pts.

Latest posts