headers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew hill

Reaction score
i was wanting to get some headers for my 2001 st and it asks if it has driver side egr or passenger side egr does any one know???

Job 2 driver side. You wont get the HP for the money. The stock manifolds flow very good for natural aspirated. Supercharged I would spend the money for headers..

For the money that you would spend, they're not worth it. There's no real noticeable gain for as expensive as they are. I would expect that Todd Z or someone who's actually installed and tested them will chime in soon with a similar opinion.

If you want to upgrade the exhaust, you're better off spending your money on a good muffler like a Flowmaster, the Random Technology Y-pipe and high-flow cat. You can get the pipe and cat from our sponsor, Zabteck.com.

We installed the headers on Todd's truck and it should be one of the last mods you do. You are better off doing other parts of the exhaust, intake, etc before you do the headers if you even decide on doing them. BTW, yes the egr is on the drivers side.

George