Headlamp Bulb Suggestion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
So its about time to replace the bulbs in m headlamps. I am running an 05. Never had luck finding ones that really provided the brightness I wanted, and don't want to waste money.

So polling. What headlamp bulbs are you guys running? I want as bright as possible, don't care what color (I have seen bright blueish). Were in the dark and rain for a long time, so need something that cuts through snow, rain, and dark of night!

Thanks everyone!

After 5 years, STILL very happy with my Silverstar Ultras. Lucky? Maybe. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running SIlver Star in both headlamps and fog lghts. Very pleased. The key is to get your headlamps aimed properly. If too low they are useless, but the same problem exists if aimed too high. I set mine by shining on my garage door while parked outisde, about 12 feet from the door and driveway is relatively flat. I measure the center mark on the headlamp housng and then set the klw beams so the top of the beam is at that level. Works well. I thnk, if I remember correctly it is around 35" from ground to center mark on headlamp housing.

Hard to beat Sylvania Silverstars. Used them in both of my Sport Tracs and in my 2013 Hyundai Tucson. They always provided significantly brighter and superior down-the-road lighting in all the vehicles.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts