Headlight Circuit Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bosin

Reaction score
I troubleshot an issue having no headlights or taillights. Through process of elimination of light assemblies, blown fuses and finally smell and smoke I found this module basically burning up and leaking. What is it? It's on the drivers side above the foglight.
This is a gen 1 2001, Canadian version with full time DRL. I pulled the DRL fuse a long time ago as it was causing my headlights to fluctuate. Is this that module? When I unplugged it my lights were restored and fused quit blowing.
IMG_20180923_174940148 50 percent.jpg
IMG_20180923_174921358 50 percent.jpg

Last edited:
I troubleshot an issue having no headlights or taillights. Through process of elimination of light assemblies, blown fuses and finally smell and smoke I found this module basically burning up and leaking. What is it? It's on the drivers side above the foglight.
This is a gen 1 2001, Canadian version with full time DRL. I pulled the DRL fuse a long time ago as it was causing my headlights to fluctuate. Is this that module? When I unplugged it my lights were restored and fused quit blowing.View attachment 612View attachment 614
Update, it is a DRL module, I replaced it and all is well

Always nice to get a follow up, especially when the issue is solved. Thanks!

was going to say DRL module..... Glad you got it fixed !!!

Latest posts