headlight hole

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i was taking my silencer out the other day and noticed a little black gromet plug type thing on the back of my headlight.....What is that for? Is it for police strobes or something?

I would put them in the corner lights not the headlights. Strobes tend to let moisture in if not sealed properly.

They are LED strobes. If you look at the lower half of the grill you can see two rectangles. Those are the strobes. No vid of them on.

[Broken External Image]:

I think it was either Todd C from NY or Steve from NJ that has a bunch of lights and electronics...

Todd Z

I am still waiting to put strobes in mine. I have the strobes already but still waiting to pick up a couple more for my rear window so I can do all the wiring at one time. I think I am going to try to put one set in my headlights and one in the corner lights but haven't decided for sure that it is a good idea to drill the hole in the headlights. There are a couple of members who already have them. Of course they are not legal for use on public ways unless you are a police officer or firefighter and then they still may not be legal. Here in Maine they are legal for police but not for firefighters unless you are the chief or assitant chief I believe. Anyway search for post there a couple of them withing the past few months.