HEADLIGHTS!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help!!!!

I know this is a sport trac website and all....and I do own a sport trac...an 01' with transmission problems I might add...but I digress...

my problem today is with a 97' Explorer..... so here is my problem, the low beam headlight is out on the driver side....so i figure okay...replace the bulb! WRONG!!!! Still out after I replaced the bulb! works on highbeam on both sides....but only the passenger side works on lowbeam. Does anybody know what this could be? I'm not really good with wiring diagrams...so any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the answer to this, but my dad's 1995 Explorer has/is having the same problem with his. First it was just the bulb. Then it was not the bulb and would only have high beams. He had it checked out and it ended up being a control module behind the radio. I don't know if it is a common problem or not, but my dad just purchased his second one in the past 10k miles. The first replacement was from a used car, and this next one is from Ford and it is new. He also had a short in some wiring harness that went from the multifunction switch (wipers/turn signal/high beams) down to the module and it was fried. This is also the second time he has replaced it. With the harness, both the current burnt one and the next replacement are new. He just replaced the wiring harness and multifunction switch. Tomorrow will be replacing the module.

Dad was just working on this project a couple hours ago.

found some help.....check this out....might be your dads problem too!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191614

the only problem now is...how do you remove said module and what not and where to look for the fractured solder! Sounds like a weekend project for me :(

Try checking the grounds and then the fuses and relays....

Some times the low beams have a different fuse and relay for EACH light..

Todd Z

Start at the plug. Make sure there is no corrosion. prick the low beam wire, check for voltage.

Latest posts