Health Care Ads Cont'd

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
OK guys, this is exactly what I was talking about (see link).

Thankfully, CNN has compiled quite a few ads sponsored by different groups seeking to influence the Health Care debate.

The fifth video (Survivor) about Shona Holmes has been proven completely false. The Canadian Gov't has filed a counter-suit against Ms. Holmes. In the ad she claims that she was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor (much like the other video posted on this forum) and had to wait 6 months before she could receive any treatment whatsoever (again, much like the other video posted on this forum).

What Ms. Holmes DOESN't explain is that the "tumor" in her head was actually just a cyst. It has also come to light that the direness of her situation was her OWN assessment.

You can make your own conclusions on these ads, but IMO you should become more informed about the debate through other means.

30 second commercials will not give you everything you need to know in order to make an informed decision and form a rational opinion on the subject.

Dont be a fool, become media literate.

Back in the day, CNN meant the Clinton Noise Network.

I'm not sure about nowadays.

Just another liberal media outlet with crashing popularity numbers, i.e. viewers.