Heated seat and lumbar support floppy mirror problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
A few questions for those with an '04 and heated seates:

1) Do you have heat just on the lower seat (your butt and legs) or do you also have heat on the lower back?

2) Does your lumbar support a)sound very loud and b) totally deflate and take forever to inflate each time you hit the button (30 seconds to a minute)?

3) Does the seat heat sometimes not come on, but then does if you wiggle a little?

4) Does your drivers side mirror vibrate at all? Mine does slightly, enough to be irritating and I'm wondering if I should take it in for these errors. Also, horrible gas mileage, like 14 mpg with a very light foot and easy local driving.

thanks for any guidence you can provide!

--Bob

Bob, I have an 04, 2WD, 4.10LSD, with aftermarket intake and exhaust, and XCal tune w/ ~28K miles:

1) I think the source of the heat is down at the buns but the heat manages to work its way up just fine.

2a) Yes.

2b) Yes.

3) No (but I do manage to turn it on accidentally now and again, not knowing so until I feel the heat!).

4) No.

I am averaging almost 17mpg on 1/3 city and 2/3 highway miles with spirited driving.

Thanks for the reply! That means I need to take it in for the mirror, the passenger seat heat, and the gas mileage. I just got an offer for a tranny flush from Ford for 89 bucks, so with 26,000 miles on the truck I may just do that also.

--Bob

1) Do you have heat just on the lower seat (your butt and legs) or do you also have heat on the lower back?

I just bought one of the Ford Service Manual DVD's off of eBay the other day. I just checked it, and it shows a heater for both the seat back and the cushion.

2) Does your lumbar support a)sound very loud and b) totally deflate and take forever to inflate each time you hit the button (30 seconds to a minute)?

This is normal. The loud noise is the compressor.

3) Does the seat heat sometimes not come on, but then does if you wiggle a little?

My driver's side seat heater has started to do this. I'm now at 38,000 miles, so no warranty work.:angry:

Oh, well, I was already thinking of moving the switches up on the console, so now this just forces me to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: