Heated seats button

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got my trac a few weeks ago and one thing that I was quick to realize is how inconvenient the heated seats button is on my 04 trac. I figure Ill just relocate them once the weather warms up but I wanted to get some feedback first. i saw a couple projects for adding an indicator light but I want to move the entire switch to the dash and make it a toggle instead. I was wondering if anyone has moved the switches and if its as easy as cutting and extending the wires from the seat to the dash. I feel like I've looked all over this site but Im sure i missed it so lemme know.

PS: Im super happy with the trac. I finally came to the realization that my 06 Mustang GT was't the greatest in WI winter and I needed something a little more practical as I just got married and we got ourselves a 75 lb yellow lab. The trac is great and I think Wrigley really appeciates the fold down back seats.

Others have mentioned the same issue.

Early on, I suggested rather than relocate them, to run a jumper switch in line of the power feed to a convenient location.

This way, this look right and you don't have to deal with extending the bulk wires and screwing around with relays and what not..

Latest posts