heating up?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes. Depends on how cold. I normally start the ST and the car for DW, scrape the windows, and then get in and go. I get heat within a couple of minutes.

I Waite 2-3 min tops , Unless using the defroster to melt the windshield...

Todd Z

Just getting to be that time of year so I have only done it a couple times. I let it run about 5 minutes and it was throwing decent heat. I will get a remote start if not this year then next. After putting one in my last vehicle I got spoiled. It isn't so much not going out in the cold that I like but the time it saves in getting ready. I dont have to get dressed, go out, come back in, and finish getting ready. Also the wife will use it some this winter. Also with a baby now it will just make things easier.

cruzrtwdgt,

Who is DW? What does it stand for?

Back to the subject at hand. Do I let my Trac warm up? Nope. I fire it up and as soon as it starts up, I put it in gear and go wherever I need to go. Letting a vehicle warm up does not do the vehicle any good and just burns fuel.

Tom

Tom I let is warm up so I dont freeze and so I can see out the window not for the good of the vehicle. However, I am also under the impression that letting a vehicle warn up for a minute or two can be helpful is that just a myth?

Defrost windows

Dead winter

Dead wood ?

LOL

Todd Z

Latest posts