He'll Please Strange Sound

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm many people have asked this same question. Start by saying I’m new to the forum. With a 2008 Sport Trac. 4x2 V6 5 speed automatic.
I’ve been hearing a noise that seems to be from the left rear. Read many post about wheel bearing issues. It’s making a Rrrrrr Rrrrr noise and when I turn to the left it stops also seems a little worse turning to the right? I’m sure it’s not from the front wheels. But I could be wrong .Thanks very much .

Rear is press.... and change the WHOLE hub and bearing.... Fronts are way easier...

I'm many people have asked this same question. Start by saying I’m new to the forum. With a 2008 Sport Trac. 4x2 V6 5 speed automatic.
I’ve been hearing a noise that seems to be from the left rear. Read many post about wheel bearing issues. It’s making a Rrrrrr Rrrrr noise and when I turn to the left it stops also seems a little worse turning to the right? I’m sure it’s not from the front wheels. But I could be wrong .Thanks very much .
Hey Keith - just wondering if you ever rectified this with the rear bearings? I have a similar noise and everything in the front is new so now wondering if it is the rear bearing(s).
Cheers!

Probably bearings... Jack the thing up and shake the wheel before the dam wheel falls off !!!!

Probably bearings... Jack the thing up and shake the wheel before the dam wheel falls off !!!!
Yeah already did that. Had a mechanic look at it and test drive it. They are firm/tight. Understand they can still make noise even if there is no play. Just wondering what else it could be there. Dislike throwing parts at it.