Hello all

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo75

Reaction score
Hi there, my dad passed away from cancer last week and he gave me his 2004 sport trac to keep. He was my best friend and I'll miss him. I plan to keep his truck in the family forever and was hoping to learn more about this great truck. Thank you

Welcome & condolences; loosing a parent is a traumatic\pivotal time in everyones life.
There are several quirks\weaknesses with these vehicles
that you should become familiar with & address as needed.
The many experienced+helpful folks on these forums are a good resource.

I have an 04, V-6 with 180K . I have had it about 4 years. First thing I did was replace a cracked radiator. I did not know about this site at the time,. so I did not replace the thermostat housing or anything. Just a simple change from one radiator to another. But, I did give her a tune up with new wires, plugs, filters, and oil change. That was 4 years ago and so far, I have done nothing else to it except drive it. I do not drive it much and have only put 6K miles on it in 4 years, but she is a good, dependable truck. The main reason I bought it was that it had no rust, being a Florida Truck with no salty roads to contend with. She has been in my garage since I bought her. But, I am thinking seriously about getting a new Ford Maverick. My grandson is interested in it, but I am a bit leery about how long a 20 year old truck with 180K mile will last a young driver. Sorry for the loss of your dad. Sounds like he was a good dad. Take care of his baby.

Sorry to hear, and welcome to the group... Good luck..

Hi there, my dad passed away from cancer last week and he gave me his 2004 sport trac to keep. He was my best friend and I'll miss him. I plan to keep his truck in the family forever and was hoping to learn more about this great truck. Thank you
So sorry to hear. Not the way you want to inherit a vehicle and my hearts heavy for you. Your dad had great taste in trucks and it will serve you well. It’s a great group with a lot of knowledge to share so ask away when guidance is needed.

I have an 04, V-6 with 180K . I have had it about 4 years. First thing I did was replace a cracked radiator. I did not know about this site at the time,. so I did not replace the thermostat housing or anything. Just a simple change from one radiator to another. But, I did give her a tune up with new wires, plugs, filters, and oil change. That was 4 years ago and so far, I have done nothing else to it except drive it. I do not drive it much and have only put 6K miles on it in 4 years, but she is a good, dependable truck. The main reason I bought it was that it had no rust, being a Florida Truck with no salty roads to contend with. She has been in my garage since I bought her. But, I am thinking seriously about getting a new Ford Maverick. My grandson is interested in it, but I am a bit leery about how long a 20 year old truck with 180K mile will last a young driver. Sorry for the loss of your dad. Sounds like he was a good dad. Take care of his baby.
If the GrandSon likes to learn & turn a wrench, & is unusually responsible (unlike most of us as teenagers), a 16yr+ old ExST might be a good fit. Or he may abuse+destroy it in short order, like most teenagers do with their cars! Really depends on how much you like your GrandSon versus how much you like your ExST.

Welcome and so sorry for your loss. Sure you'll be able to find answers here.
Have a nice time with the group.

Latest posts