Hello from Arizona

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire

Reaction score
Hi all. Long time lurker. Was a member back in the old days on the old site. You guys have helped me with some great info I've used over the years. Thought I should start giving back.

Done some mods and have been doing a lot of exploring out on the primitive roads here in AZ. I've got a red gen 1 with MT, 3" BL, TT, add-a-leaf & shackles, 35x17s.

The first pic is from last year. It was before the 3" BL, and when I was running 33".
The second pic is the rear bumper I just added last month, right before I got my 35s.

20190913_143929a.jpg ST with welded rear bumper1.jpg

Welcome back,,:)
I like your rear bumper idea. One mod thought I have is. Welding sheet metal steps and inserts between the bars. To hide the see thru effect.
Is it your design and self built?

Welcome back,,:)
I like your rear bumper idea. One mod thought I have is. Welding sheet metal steps and inserts between the bars. To hide the see thru effect.
Is it your design and self built?

Yeah, welding vertical sheet metal behind 2 bars might be a good idea.

I ended up building it myself. Between the original bumper being kinda of broken and rattling on one side, and now having my own MIG welder(!) I thought I'd go for it. The goal was to maximize clearance, but still tow trailers. I put the license off to the side so I could weld in the receiver up high. It was about $200 materials, and $80 to have the bends done for me.

I like the idea. My rear bumper cover has been pieced together on the left corner. On the inside I formed a 4x6 heavy screen mesh and gorilla glue. Then bumper filler for the outside crack. Sanded and had a spray can of touch up paint made. Not perfect, but OK for a 16 year old Trac.
Someday it might fall apart. If it gets hit again.

Let me know if you end up wanting to fab a new one, as I can send you some more pics, if that would help.

Latest posts