Hello

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Fohey

Reaction score
Hello all

I just recently purchased a 05 Sporttrak and am very happy with it. This site is full of great info. Due to the lack of aftermarket parts that I am looking for I will be adapting bumpers and snorkel from ARB along with a few other things that I use on my other vehicles. I will take pictures in case any one else is interested in doing the same.

Take care

[Broken External Image]:

Welcome to the site. I'll definitely keep up with the things you post on here, especially the snorkel. I've been wondering how I would go about that. And I'd love to see an ARB bumper on a ST. Hope to see a lot of pictures from you. Maybe some projects if you have the time?

I love the wheels and tires. Having to get new ones in a couple months. What setup do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site and nice trac. About snorkels, I always figured that if the water level is high enough to need one, the electronics would be submerged and the engine would shut off anyway. Ive gone through some deep water, almost up to the grill (my truck is lifted) and not had a problem with the stock setup.

Welcome to the site Ryan!

That's one fine looking truck. It looks like you have black powdercoated FX4 rims. Is that right?

Let us know what set-up you got going there! Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for all the responses on the truck. I will answer a couple of the questions. I am past the time in my life of doing any hard wheeling but the snorkel I have had on all my offroad vehicles except my first which was a lifted 01 Cherokee which I hydrolocked the engine. I was not in deep water, maybe 6 in, just hit the water wrong and ingested enough to cause an expensive problem. I try to stay out of the water but sometimes you just never know. Snorkels are cheap insurance and they will make our vehicles stand out from the crowd.

I have been searching for a bumper but want something more substantial then what I have seen. I have had several ARB's on a wrangler, Cherokee and Tacoma and you just cannot beat the qaulity the hits they will take with minimal damage. The way the ST frame is in front, should make it a fairly easy swap to a 2nd gen Tacoma ARB or an Xterra which I still need to get the measurements on. The body lines may not match up perfect and you have to deal with the one piece grill but thats small as long as it is solid and wont affect the airbad functions.

The wheels are the stock wheels that are powdercoated.

Currently there is no lift on the track as I have only had it a week but will be doing the 1.5 TT and the Warrior shackle. The tires are 265/75 Kelly Safari TSR's, had them before on another vehicle and they are quiet on the highway and great on the trail

I will be doing the Snorkel in a few weeks so I will post up the pictures

Thanks

I thought those might be the stock wheels and had that typed out before deleting it because I thought the center looked too different and didn't want to appear a fool. Should have trusted myself. I like how that looks; gonna keep it in mind. Since cost is going to be a big factor for me, how much did it cost to powdercoat those?

Latest posts