Help choosing parts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Tremblay

Reaction score
I am a fairly new ST owner (bought my 04 ST about three weeks ago) and would like to start purchasing some small exterior pieces. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions:

1. Where I could find a front license plate that is chrome with the Ford emblem and Sport Trac written on it. It doesn’t have to be this exact one, but this would be ideal. I don’t want to spend like $50 on a plate, just something that looks good that is not too expensive.

2. A bug shield for the hood. The previous owner did not give the ST enough TLC and left dead bugs on the hood and it ate through the paint. It is all the way to the metal and would like to cover this up with a bug shield. I was considering getting it detailed, compounded and buffed, but I can not really afford that right now and was considering a bug shield anyway for a small exterior upgrade. Where is the best place to get one? Is there a certain type that I should get because I know there are different styles.

3. I am also looking into a new hitch for the ST. I am looking for a hide away hitch. I have looked at some of the projects on the projects section and have found them to look really nice. Where is the best place to get one? Should I order one? Is the manufactures hitch the best?

Thanks for your input and time. I have really enjoyed reading this forum each day as I continue to learn more about the Sport Trac (I am a first time ST owner).

First, welcome.

Second, I know they used to have the License plates like that on E-Bay. Haven't seen them for awhile. I got my Stainless Ford one at an autoparts store.

Third, same place for the hood guard. E-Bay and Autoparts store. Mine had one on it from the dealer. May want to check there also. Thier prices can sometimes surprise you. They are very competative (in prices) in certain areas of parts.

Forth, sorry can't help ya much with the hitch. Don't have one. I do see them on e-bay though.;)

Again, welcome and enjoy the ST. Oh, and hope you don't like having spare money around. Modding the ST is VERY ADDICTING!!!!!:D

I bought my hitch from a vendor on E-bay. It is made by Curt! It was very easy to install and the tubes are welded so they wont rust from the inside out! I think it was about $119.00 + shipping!

1. This is from one of the sponsors. He carries the front tag. I bought my hitch off of Ebay as well.

Welcome to the community.

Don't have the license plate answer, as VA uses front and rear tags...

Bug shields are available online or at almost all auto parts stores. Found VentVisor to be the best, and easiest to mount. Agree with SeattleSportTrac...window vent visors are worth their weight in gold! Allows you to crack a window open to vent the interior. I also have the vent vissor over the rear window. Sweet!

I got my hitch at my local Uhaul...2" receiver type. Price was reasonable and installation was quick.

Check out the Advance tonneau cover. Had mine for years...still looks good, and has never leaked.

Good luck and enjoy!

Scott

Vent Visors and bug deflectors are available at most auto parts stores although they may have to order it. Or you could support a site sponsor and buy them from SST above.

I have a Hidden Hitch I bought at a local mom & pop truck accessories store. Cost about $120. I got my tonneau at the same place.

This is the only linkable pic I have showing the hitch. It tucks close to the bumper, I like it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts