help-exhaust-tail pipes fell off-do i need a new system??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
A while back my dual tailpipes rusted and fell off. Right now I am runnning a 40 series Flow master muffler with two pipes coming out of the muffler. I was told this weekend that it would be cheaper for me to replace the entire set up, then to just have the pipes redone. Is this true?? or am I being lied to. If it is cheaper to replace the entire set up, I want the nice rumble that I have from the Flowmaster but probably would do one pipe to a dual tip. Which company should I go to. MAGNAFLOW, BASANI, DNYOMAX, GIBSON, FLOWMASTER??

Last edited by a moderator:
If the muffler is rusted, welds weak, or the front pipe is going bad too, THEN yes it is cheaper to replace the whole thing..

ALSO would you trust the welds and pipe from the muffler forward if the stuff in the back fell off ???

Not me...

I like the flowmaster sound on the v6 ST... I don't like the magnaflow on my 04...

Todd Z

Todd, I don't know what to do. I don't know about the welds and stuff. How much would the RT y-pipe/ RT cat and flowmaster delta flow 40 cost me + install from your guy.

Steve the Cat back system with duals will run you about $450.00 installed...

Add the cost of the y-pipe and cat ( about $600.00) and his labor is around $125.00 to install

$ 1175.00 out the door...

I honestly would get the duals first, and maybe the y-pipe....

Todd Z

that will be a lot cheeper...

Todd Z

I have never seen a flomaster muffler rottout including the welds on the muffler housing. The pipes, yes. You might be lied to about the muffler. the housing and the welds and nipples on flomasters are very thick metal. He maybe trying to make $$ on sell you another muffler, since all the tubing is bad. Or too lazy to clean up the weld points on the old muffler. That is another $100 in his pocket. Get a second opinion on the flomaster.

edit; I just noticed the subject says, fell off new system.. how new?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame you guys live so fer north, down here in Texas I get full dual flomasters cats back for $400 to 450 including stainless tips. Are you envious?

Jim

Latest posts