HELP!! Fog light button

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
HELP!!!!:banghead:

I am installing the ford fog light kit in my 04 ST and I can get the fog lighs on when the head lights are on when I use the switch that came with the kit, but I want to use the fog light button that the factory put in the ST stock, but it wont work. When I wire the button the green light comes on right away even if the button isnt engaged, but no fog lights. I checked my connections and found that i put the connectors in wrong and that the one relay was wired back words. I fixed those issues but still cant get the fog lights on with the button. I hooked the switch back up and the fogs work fine. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!:cry:

I have the fog light wire diagram and button diagram already. I have not hooked up the illumination wire yet but that should be just so the button lights up when I have the head lights on correct? I have also tried 2 differnt switches with the same resaults.

PLEASE HELP!!!:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Connections to button switch:

Pin 1 - not used, top left

Pin 2 - not used, top right

Pin 3 - Relay connection - should be to the left side of the connector along the bottom edge.

Pin 4 - Ground - 2nd pin from left along the bottom edge.

Pin 5 - Instrument illumination 3rd pin from left along the bottom edge.

Pin 6 - Fog lamp, On indicator 4th pin from left along the bottom edge.

Latest posts