Help! front tonneau locks jammed!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well my help climbed into back of trac and yanked the manual release cable...now the locks are stuck open...they just won't let loose when closing the lid? any suggestions???:wub:

If you had to use the emergency pull, you probably had the tip of the release hook break off and using the emergency pull caused it to jam and not allow the cables to be pulled back by the latch springs.

The only way to know for sure is to disassemble the plastick cable housing that attaches to the bottom of the key lock. Unfortunately, this ruins the unit (it's already broken) but it will allow your latches to release.

I sell a kit (EZLoc) that replaces the existing key locks with a T-Handle lock unit that includes a power door lock actuator motor that connects to your existing power door locks. This allows you to use your remote key fob, or drivers door lock buttoms to lock and unlock your tonneau cover when you lock and unlock your doors.

Simply press your unlock button twice to unlock the rear doors and your tonneau cover unlocks as well. Then just turn the T-Handle to open your tonneau cover. After you close your cover, press the lock button to lock your doors and you will lock your tonneau cover (prevents the T-Handle from turning). When you start to drive your doors automatically lock which also locks your tonneau cover along with the doors. If you have an electric tailgate lock, you can lock and secure your pickup bed with the simple press of a button.

The kit cost $199 which encludes shipping. Email me if you are interest and I will give you more details. I am a sponsor of this site and have been for about 4 years. I also make the EZLift kit which is a gas sping assisted lift kit to lift and hold your tonneau cover open just like the truck lid of a car. The EZLift kit is currently on sale as a Group Buy for only $100 which includes shipping for a total savings of $35.

...Rich

The LeverLift Company

Same thing happened to me . I didnt feel like messing with it so I took off the cover. I will try the w-d-40 and finger trick and let you know how I make out.

Harry

Latest posts