Help fuse location and gas cap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary mendelow

Reaction score
two annoying problems in my '01..

first, main cig lighter is not working...can't find my owners manual..where is the fuse for this power source and is it the same fuse as the side hump outlet, because that outlet is still working???please help!!!! thanks!!!

second, i am constantly getting a check gas cap light..i have checked the code and it does say replace gas cap..did not buy motorcraft replacement and have had two or three afermarket ones..better for a while but it comesback...has anyone had this problem??

how do i fix it???

annoying when those lights stay on..

let me know at [email protected]

or call me at 440-522-0048

any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

thanks guys, any other help with the gas cap problem?????????????????????????

also, when you bought the three caps, did you ever get a ford one??

For the gas cap issue. The computer does not know really that the gas cap is faulty, it thinks it is because the computer runs the evap tests after certain situations...like getting gas. If the computer knows htat you got gas it runs a quick evap test and if it detects a problem at that time it will turn on the gas cap light becuse it didn't have a problem before so it figures that you must have not put the cap on properly but does not necessarily mean that the gas cap is at fauly. I am not sure on how long it takes the computer to turn off the gas cap light once it is illuminated so you may want to do a pcm reset.

I had that issue as well....mine turned out to be the wiring under the bed....but it could also be the solenoid or something like that. May not be the gas cap at all. IIRC there was something to do with a carbon canister as well, that may need cleaning or replacing.

Latest posts