Help interior and exterior door handles are broken

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Ty Meyer

Reaction score
Hello I need some help. My 2001 Sporttrac drivers side door handles inside and outside are broken. I have to climb through the passenger side door to get in and out. I am not very do it yourself. I need some suggestions on how to fix please. Thank you

swshawaii

Reaction score
I posted exterior and interior door handle repair links yesterday with no response so I deleted them. I'll repost and would appreciate a response. They are not difficult jobs, but require some basic tools and working in confined and dark space. Don't know your DIY skill level, but check out these two links to see if you want to tackle these repairs yourself. If not I would probably call auto body shops before Ford dealerships. Good luck.

Last edited:

Todd Z

Reaction score
Having a bad day man ???? I post responses all the time that go un responded to, Thanked or whatnot. Heck I answer FB messages that i never even get a thank you too !!! They don't even start off with hello or can you help me..... There is no courtesy anymore in the world... its all gone...

swshawaii

Reaction score
Having a bad day man ???? I post responses all the time that go un responded to, Thanked or whatnot. Heck I answer FB messages that i never even get a thank you too !!! They don't even start off with hello or can you help me..... There is no courtesy anymore in the world... its all gone...
No, I'm having a GREAT day. Just paid off the mortgage for the house I've been living in since 1959. Nice, and now time to start enjoying my recent retirement.

Can't imagine your frustration Todd. Been following you since I joined your site in 2009. All the effort YOU personally put into helping owners, whether it be product or advice went without credit, or even a small thanks to you. Being in business I know all about it. ONLY time you hear from some of them is when they need help or want something. Many times they didn't even buy it from you.

THANK YOU TODD Z. FOR ALL YOUR HELP THROUGH THE YEARS. I MEAN IT!