HELP NOW!!!! PLEASE!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on my way to the boat ramp and my windows will not roll up??? I checked the number 12 fuse which the book says is a 30 amp and operates the sunroof window as well as the side windows. The sun roof and every thing else works fine. I have checked the child lock switch over and over and also checked the fuse which is actually a 7.5 amp mini.

Can anyone tell me how to get my windows up so I wont blow my whole vacation day with my girl out on the boat???

Thanks

If the drivers does operate and no other window works then your window lock is either engauged or defective. Some what common failure..

I don't know where number 12 is, but there is a large pink fuse under the hood that controls the windows, it is definitely not a mini. On drivers side, under hood there is a fuse box.

grump

What grumpy is talking about is called a cartridge fuse. I had a similar situation last week and it ended up being the pink cartridge fuse under the hood.

I have had this exact problem 2x now. Power windows stop working for no reason. You can actually hear the motor, but none of the windows will move. Both times this happened, when I tried to reaise or lower the windows it drained all other power/lighting from the dash and radio area.

My resolution was simply to turn the ST completely off and when I turned the truck back on, everything was in working condition. I can in no way duplicate this problem in order to get it looked at by the dealer.

Latest posts