HELP!!! TREE SAP!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove tree sap off of windows and surface of my Sport Trac?

The wife borrows the truck and parks it underneath a pine tree to return with drops of sap

here and there on it.

How do I remove it safely?

:(

Sounds like you could use some of the other tips and get ready for a Super Bowl party (ice, mayo/salad dressings and butter) at the same time.

I'd try Bug & Tar Remover or Goof Off (which is basically acetone) on the paint. On the glass scrub it with water and Bon Ami cleanser, it is the only one that won't scratch the glass.

You can try some type of bug and tar remover. That or a clay bar and detail spray. As far as the windows, get you some Autoglym. That stuff is AWSOME!!! It's actually a glass polish. Good luck, and don't let the wife drive the ST anymore.

Isopropyl Alcohol every time... I use qtips to rub the sap off. You'll need to wax the spots afterwords because the alcohol will take off the wax, but it's no big deal... cheap and easy....

Sounds like wife re-training is required. I've got mine trained not to park under any tree whatsoever.

Latest posts